Getting Things Done® with OmniFocus Training
The Getting Things Done® approach to productivity, commonly abbreviated as GTD® is practiced all over the world by everyone from artists to engineers (and no doubt at least a few artistic engineers). GTD is well suited to our fast-paced modern lifestyle and provides structure without constraint, supporting you in operating in a creative, relaxed and productive way in all areas of your life.
GTD® in a Nutshell
In a nutshell, the GTD approach promotes capturing everything that has your attention into a trusted system. Once captured, projects are defined, where necessary, desired outcomes are clarified and discrete actions are articulated. For maximum effectiveness, tasks and information are stored in a streamlined way and frequent reviews ensure that nothing slips through the cracks. The ultimate goal is to produce what David Allen calls a “mind like water” state, where there’s literally nothing on your mind – a powerful space that fosters creativity and aliveness.
OmniFocus | Your Trusted System
OmniFocus was designed from the ground up with GTD in mind and is one of the most effective ways to implement GTD on your Mac® and iOS® devices. It’s highly customizable and can be adapted to suit your preferred style of working.
You will learn:
- The basic principles of the GTD® methodology.
- Convenient ways to capture everything that has your attention into OmniFocus.
- How to configure OmniFocus to match your personal and professional lifestyle.
- How to create custom Perspectives – subsets of your tasks and projects.
- How to take control of your e-mail using OmniFocus’ Mail integration.
- How to use OmniFocus on the go on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
This is a fun an interactive course. The class size is kept small to give you plenty of time to ask questions. Bring your Mac® and iOS® devices with you if you like and get a head start on creating your own GTD system.